East Perth has it all - the Swan River on its door step; a bustling local centre, shops and community services; and a beautiful mix of parks and sporting opportunities which suit any active person’s lifestyle. East Perth offers diverse housing options for its current and future community.
What we’ve heard:
- Creating a neighbourhood entry statement and lighting up key landmarks such as the Adelaide Terrace pedestrian bridge.
- Extending city events and celebrations to East Perth.
- Improving safety and security, particularly at night.
- Improving connections to the Swan River as well as community and recreation amenities.
- Improving streetscapes and management of resident / visitor parking.
- Continue to work with neighbourhood groups, residents and stakeholders to support activation, events and business vitality.
Neighbourhood Commitments 2021/22
Wellington Square Place Activation Plan
Following completion of Wellington Square Playground / Koolangka Koolangka Waabiny, a Place Activation Plan will identify opportunities to connect Claisebrook and East Perth neighbourhoods with this award-winning community attraction, through partnerships, special events and programs that appeal to all users and reflect its unique identity.
- Completion of the purpose-built events space
- Waiver of reserve hire fees for community groups, charities and not-for-profits holding community events in Wellington Square, until 30 April 2022
- Completion of a public artwork acknowledging the Stolen Generations in the north-west corner of Wellington Square, by artist Sandra Hill, an Elder and custodian of the Wadandi (salt water) people of the South West of WA.
Rejuvenating and enhancing our Swan River foreshore
Upgrades to the Trinity shared path will also be complete this year and lighting upgrades will be delivered in several foreshore locations.
Queens Gardens Heritage Management Plan
The Heritage Management Plan will define Queens Gardens’ heritage values and detail the City’s management approach to ensure these values are retained for the community today and into the future.
A safe night space
Ozone Reserve dog agility park